Sunday, January 10, 2010

From Foodies to Babies


by Holly

This week we had our first pseudo “foodie” night, where a few friends who had expressed interest in eating healthily (and what Adam has done to lose so much weight), got together for a potluck exchange of natural, real, whole foods. The dinner was amazingly delicious and we look forward to doing it again!

On Wednesday we found out that we are having another girl! I was more surprised than I thought I would be. I think I convinced myself that this baby was probably a boy because my pregnancy has been different from the first two. Apparently, having a different pregnancy doesn’t really mean anything, and Adam and I are consistent girl-makers. Does anyone have any theories about why some couples have only girls or only boys and others get a mix? Is there some significance behind it all? In any case, we are very excited about the idea and so are Olivia and Ruby! The baby will be no stranger to hand-me-downs (like our girls now). We are so grateful to older cousins who have generously passed along clothing, etc! So, anyone have suggestions for good girl names?

This may seem insignificant to some, but we are happy about surviving another week of teaching the 3 year olds at church. Mostly because we have triplet boys in the class who keep us jumping! Your suggestions on how to entertain 3 year old boys while sitting quietly in seats (let’s be honest, they don’t sit) are most welcome!

Clay Olsen (Holly's brother) at the foodie-fest friday night.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly!

    I am always amazed at the families that have all boys/girls or like my family of origin: 4 girls and 1 boy (who is the only one with blue eyes...thinking adopted!). There are so many fabulous girl names, the ones I love right now are Phoebe and Naomi.

    Love the gym in your basement, what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete