Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Little Sonoma Arrives

Baby Sonoma arrived on May 12th at 6:58pm after 16 hours of labor (15 of which were passed at home, the last hour in the hospital). She weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces, was 19 ½ inches long, and came out with very dark hair. I did it naturally for the first time, and am still in shock that I was able to do it! It was such an awesome experience in every sense of the word, including awesomely painful and awesomely glorious!

Since being home I have been so incredibly grateful for the out-pouring of support, love, and kindness from the giant network of friends and family that surround us. I do not take it lightly how much help we have at our fingertips. The girls have been showered with attention and love from family members who have taken them for a few hours here and there each day. We have been brought food and gifts from a number of people. My mom has come and stayed with us each night to help with Sonoma so that we could get some sleep. So many people have called to show their love as well. I have felt carried through the last few days and I am feeling great so far. I feel as though I am healing quickly, and that Sonoma is doing well. Life is so great. And, although it may be hard to believe, I am very grateful that I live in Logan, Utah right now.

One thing I have to include is what Ruby said the first time she saw me and Sonoma after getting home from the hospital. She looked at the baby, then looked and me and my stomach and said, “One baby came out.” I still look pregnant, obviously. How cute coming from the mouth of an almost 3 year old. Both Olivia and Ruby have been sooo cute with Sonoma. They are anxious to see her, touch her, and to help bring her things like blankets, wet wipes, toys, diapers, and anything else they can think of. They want to be involved and hold her all the time. It has been fun to watch their reaction to her.























4 comments:

  1. I love love love newborns. Especially newborns of people I love. I'm still trying to get rid of my kids for a bit so I can come meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful Holly and Adam. I can't look at her without seeing a resemblance to Chloe and thinking how quick they grow up. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Holly, on having her without any medication, I am impressed!! I love that you have such a community of support - that is how it should be! When we had Soph, we had just moved to Michigan, but the support was amazing, because I think people want to help during such a joyful time. Such a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious, precious angel! Congratulations Holly and Adam for your beautiful baby- what a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete