Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Resurfacing: Part 2 - Christmas and New Years


The holidays, after I had adjusted my expectations a bit, turned out to be great. We were able to get a handle on the head lice, and although we were understandably uninvited to a family party here, and scared away a few friends and family members there, we still managed to squeeze in some good family/friend bonding, and some fun winter activities.
Hanging out with Beckham at Jenny and Tim's house
USU Aggie game with Grandma Cozy and Grandpa Mack
Ice skating and LOVing it!
Tennis at the Rec Center with Grandpa Mack
Hungry Hippo at the Morse home with Ian, Beckham, and Aunt Jenny
Christmas morning line-up. Notice the fort they slept in the night before in the background.  Sonoma doesn't know how exciting the morning is about to become!

I was especially grateful for those who endured and tolerated us, at their own personal risk, by allowing us into their presence. I say that, but I also completely understand those who kept clear of us.

I was touched by my Aunt Maxine and Uncle Terry. They were so kind to me. They could see that I was having a hard time with ... life, and they also remembered how I had complimented Aunt Max's colorful and fun socks. The day before we flew back to CT, I found a big bag of new colorful socks with a note telling me to put on my "happy socks" whenever I was feeling blue. It meant so much to me, and I wear some almost daily (not that I'm always blue, but because they mean so much to me). I'm wearing a pair right now!
Viv and Noma looking through Aunt Max's jewelry box with Josie
Viv getting the traditional "Bug Juice" (mostly poison, but they love it) from  Uncle Terry and Aunt Max

The New Year Party line up: Elena, Juancito, Ian, Gideon, Cozy, Ruby, Sonoma, Eliza, Isaac, Navy, Olivia, Peter, Leif, Chloe

Happy 2013!!!
Shortly after ringing in the New Year (at 7:30 pm with the kids who didn't know/care that we were 5 hour early - and time is relative anyway, so we will likely always celebrate "early"), it was time to head east.
Classic Christmas afternoon nap. Aren't they cute?

1 comment:

  1. I love the happy socks from your aunt! What a sweet idea :)
    I also like the idea of celebrating the new year at an earlier hour with the kids...will have to remember that for next year!

    ReplyDelete