Sunday, June 2, 2013

Spring Time - the Wonder Years

You'll have to get past the squished photos. I still don't know what's going on there.

Cute things out of the mouth of Noma: 
Fink = think
Surella = Cinderella
Somesting = something
Hippups = hiccups
Pummus = hummus
What'd you sayed? = What did you say?

Cute things out of the mouth of Ru:
Rusually = usually
Seat cart = Car seat
I'm gonna sword you = I'm gonna stab you (I recognize that she shouldn't be stabbing at all, and we talked about that in the moment. I can assure you, it was said with innocence - and cuteness and without malice).

Cute things about Viv:
She loves talking to grown ups and feeling accepted by them (thanks to those who have made her feel grown up). She is caught between wanting to be a grown up and wanting to be a little kid. She loves playing with and looking after little kids.
She is in the process of making little capes for her younger cousins all be herself. She sews them with felt, ribbon, and Velcro. So cute! I'm thinking about starting an Etsy account for her. Can I do that for a kid? I'm not familiar with Etsy. 
 
This was April Fool's Day. I toilet papered their bedroom, glued a quarter to the sidewalk outside, and make "cupcakes" (corn bread with mashed potato frosting). I've never done pranks on my kids before, but this year was fun!


Tracing/coloring bodies - classic kid fun

She talks about painting her face. She cried at bath time.


Such concentration. She was occupied for such a long time.

Making Indian fry bread with daddy. We cheated and used ground wheat and olive oil. I still thought they were delicious!

She likes to put both legs into one side of the pants and be a mermaid.

She wears "princesses" (dresses) almost every day - even just to do dishes (a favorite past time).

Ru playing soccer. She is a good player, but it may not be her thing. She doesn't love it.

Viv loves climbing on and up everything. She is hanging on Adam's pull-up bar.

     
Adam coached Viv's soccer team this year. Viv prefers to hang back and play defense. Soccer may not be her thing, either. *Sigh*... ah well. We think they prefer gymnastics and swimming, etc, which is great. 


2 comments:

  1. I've been having the same problem with squished pictures Holly :(
    For a while I just didn't post because of it but it seems like I got them to work finally if I opened them up individually like I was going to edit them and cropped them slightly; then saved. Hope that helps :)
    Cute update on the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gideon just got his cape. Olivia did such a great job. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete