Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cabo Paradiso

If you read the previous post, you’ll understand why my 31st birthday was the most important one of my life. Well, I suppose my very first one was pretty critical to making sure I could have any future birthdays ... but we’ll ignore that little point and move on.
To recap, my 31st birthday was the day of my final weight loss goal that I had been working toward for that past 14 months. A day I thought about every single day as I stepped onto that scale. And when I stepped on on that fateful birthday of mine last week, I had done it. I stepped off the scale and (no, not literally) stepped off of a place in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. My older brother and his wife knew how important that day/goal was to me and secretly bought Holly and me a surprise trip to Mexico to celebrate! Wow, what great family. 
Cabo is a very fun and cool destination. I’m sure the experience is always heightened when you have kids and get to go somewhere without them. They’re missed, but the ability to relax and not worry about feeding the incessant needs of young children every moment is quite a beautiful thing.
Holly was a beautiful little pregnant lady, and fortunately is past the morning sickness period, so all she had to worry about was how she looked in a maternity bathing suit. P.S.: She looked great.
The hotels that were booked for us are partly what made the experience so amazingly blissful. They were stellar! They were right on the beach and way beyond our income bracket – so we were livin’ it up as posers :)
The food was fantastic and it was whale migration season, so we saw countless whales right off the shore every single day while we were down there. And to try and get a better view, we went on a whale watching tour ... but to be honest, it really wasn’t much better than watching them from the beach.
We did some snorkeling and street market shopping, but mostly just unwound by the ocean and at some countless amazing hotel pools and just soaked up some golden, euphoric, childless relaxation.
A few photos below. 
Recipe of the Week 
This is very simple one we had on our trip and really enjoyed. Since we didn’t make it, we don’t know proportions, but look at the photo below for an idea.
Todos Santos Fruit Salad
Shredded Lettuce (as a base)
Almonds Whole
Raisins Large
Peanuts Whole
Pineapple Chopped
Banana Chopped
Orange Chopped
Apple Chopped
Honey
Curry Yellow



























The Recipe Dish.



















No comments:

Post a Comment